Thursday, August 28, 2008

Retail Therapy

Hey B,



I guess I seen you for the last time until we see you either at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Your pops! is already missing you. As I think back over the last few weeks, I am amazed at how fast the time has gone for me. It seems like yesterday that I was hurrying home from work to see my little buddy. I was trying to get home before daddy put you to bed. I made it and remember walking in the door and you were in the middle of the floor with daddy and daddy said, "there's pops!" Daddy got you to show pops! how you had started walking. I guess you could call it walking, but it was more like a few straight legged steps and then plop on your bottom, but not now. Now you are climbing up stairs and on to chairs. I can't imagine what it'll be like in 3 or 4 months when I see you again. Also that night you made your dog sound for pops! Now, you can say a few more words and even the name of a certain Presidential candidate that I won't mention less I implicate the guilty but Jadda might be the "guilty" one.



I was also so surprised at the routine that daddy had gotten you into about going to bed. After your bath and a story you are ready for "lights out." And you even got to the point that you were sleeping through the night and that really makes daddy happy. I have watched as you have acquired some strange tastes in food. Pickles, things with garlic and tomatoes. Not that any of those things aren't good but they just don't sound like 11 month old kid food.



Pops! was also impressed with how well behaved his little buddy was when we went out to eat. Now, there may have been a huge mess around your high chair but at least you made the mess in a well behaved manner :). I must say that you are a pretty good kid most of the time. You have your moments when you are tired but other than that you are a GREAT KID. Have I told you lately how much I love you?



And what a morning kid you are. I could set my watch by you most mornings. 6 AM and you are ready to go. I loved slipping into your room or standing right outside the door and watching you and daddy cuddle and play in the mornings. You're a sweet kid most of the time but especially in the morning. And like I've said before, our morning walks are times that I'll always treasure. And those Brendan kisses are awesome.



What can I say Brendan, other than your pops! loves you more than you'll ever know. There is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for you. And your Jadda feels the same way. Jadda says that since we won't see you for a while and since we are going to be "home alone" this weekend that we need some "retail therapy". That means we go shopping for our little buddy, so expect a package in the mail next week. And remember....



pops! loves you

No comments: