Monday, August 18, 2008

The Cookie Monster

Hey B,



As I write this, you and daddy have gone to Montgomery to visit mommy. I am really glad that you are getting to see mommy while she is off on duty with the Air Force. You should be really proud of your mommy. I know you don't understand but this has been really tough on mommy. And daddy, too. You have really great parents and it makes pops! really happy. You've done a great job with them. And they have done a really great job with you. You're a great kid.



Jadda and I spent about an hour at Starbucks talking about you. It was really fun talking about all our experiences with you over the last three weeks. I know that you have really made it a fun three weeks for me. I really enjoy our morning walks. This morning was really an experience having you follow me around the house until I got my shoes on to take you outside. I guess we have started a morning tradition when we are together-a morning walk. As we were walking today, I wondered whether that tradition would continue as you get older. I sure hope so. The older you get the bigger the morning adventure will get.



Last night was quite an adventure also. My little buddy can have quite the stubborn streak. It was time to eat but my little buddy wanted a cookie and daddy wanted you to eat "two more bites". Just a little advice, daddy is probably going to win those battles most of the time. And as you get older you'll hate hearing this but what daddy does is for the best. Just eat the "two more bites" and enjoy the cookie. The hardest part for me was when you looked at me and stuck your arms out like you were saying, "pops! save me from the cookie monster". Well my little buddy as much as I love you the "cookie monster" was right. I was really proud of your daddy for standing his ground. He is a really a GOOD DADDY, even if I do say so myself. So go easy on him, ok?



Tomorrow pops! has to go on a business trip so I won't see you until Friday and then on Saturday will have another really fun day. BUT then on Sunday pops! and Jadda will take you and daddy to Atlanta to meet OMA and OPA. I sure hate having to give you up but Oma and Opa need to spend some more time with you. Pops! can't be selfish on this one even though I want to be. But pops! sure dreads saying goodbye to his little buddy. I have really become attached to you. I can't wait until Christmas when we see you again. By then you won't be toddling anymore, it'll be an all out sprint. But I really look forward to spending Christmas with you, mommy, daddy and Uncle Wookie. This will be the first time in a long time that we have all been together on Christmas day.



That's all for now but remember....



pops! loves you.

No comments: