Thursday, August 21, 2008

A memory maker

Hey B,

Pops! will be home tomorrow from my business trip. Usually Fridays are exciting to me because I get to see Jadda after being away for the week, but the last few weeks have really been different. Fridays mean that I get to see Jadda, my little buddy and your daddy. Well, this is the last week for that but it has been awesome. The weekends have been absolutely full of things to do even if it was just playing with my little buddy. I sure hate to see you leave but I know that it has to happen. I know you don't quite understand it yet but having you here the last three weeks has been an experience that I'll never forget. Just always know that pops! loves you more than you could ever imagine. One day when Jadda and daddy were both gone I slipped into your room and just watched you sleep. As you slept I quitely talked to God about you. God and pops! have had quite a few of those conversations lately.

There are times that I wish that I could make time stand still so you wouldn't have to leave but I realize that that is really selfish of me. Hopefully one day we can be closer together so pops! can experience more of what is going on with my little buddy. (Daddy, how about that for a quilt trip?) In a couple of weeks, you'll be back in California and pops! and Jadda will try to get back to life without Brendan and it won't be easy. But I know that we have all made some memories that will last for a lifetime. Like strolling through the neighborhood and you holding my finger. Like walks every morning that always include picking up a couple of rocks or picking a flower. Like watching you become infatuated with Jadda's feet. Like teaching you where your ears are. Like feeding you a bottle. Like teaching you to eat pickles. Like busting Jadda over feeding you the "forbidden cookie with sugar." Like watching you and daddy in a stalemate over eating "two more bites." Like getting that rare kiss from my little buddy. Pops! could go on and on, but always remember that you have changed at least one persons life-mine. You have taught me the value of just spending time with someone for no other reason than to spend time with them. I'll miss spending time with you. I'll miss you. And remember....

pops! loves you.

No comments: