Friday, June 13, 2008

Is this heaven?

Hey B,

Well, it's Friday and you know what that means!!! It's Jadda Day. I get to see Jadda after a whole week. We both flew out of Birmingham last Friday, she was fling east and I was flying west to see my best buddy. So, I'm really anxious to see her today.

I just wanted you to know that you gave your old pops! a memory last Sunday that he'll never forget. It happened when we went to the park. I certainly enjoyed the walk to the park(just not the walk back which was straight uphill) and watching your hand dart out of the stroller to touch a bush or flower as we went down the sidewalk. It was really fun to get on a hill and let the stroller go and me run beside it-just kidding mommy. :) But we got to the park and laid out the blanket and watch the other kids for a while. You also played with the grass and a leaf for a long time. Then you played the hat game, you took it off and I put it back on. That went on for a while. Then we "wrastled" for a while until you finally pinned me. I had seen you give mommy and daddy a kiss sometimes when they asked you, so I thought I'd try it. A BAM!!! I got this big and sloppy kiss. And when that happened, I thought I'd gone to heaven. The scene from The Field of Dreams came to mind when Ray asked his father as they were playing catch if this was heaven. That's how old pops! felt. It may not have been heaven but it had to be close. We continued the kiss game for a while. Pops! would kiss you, then you'd kiss Pops!. Man, it made this old man feel sooo good.

That's all for now, but remember...

pops! loves you.

1 comment:

David Henson said...

The only thing that beats a B kiss is a mommy kiss. :)