Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Cucumber Kid

Hey B,

How you been my little buddy? Pops! is still missing you, but am loving the stuff mommy is putting on your blog. I was thinking this morning about my trip out to visit and was remembering our trip to Berkeley on Friday. That was the day that we went to Moop's toy store. And I haven't decided who had the most fun-you, me or your daddy. Right now I think Daddy had the most fun. I picked out my toy for you right away, because you had already told me what you wanted, but daddy looked and looked and looked!!!

I still haven't figured how why we did all that walking. We walked all the way across Berkeley-bought toys and then walked all they way back across Berkeley. And our toy bags were so big that we had to carry you and push the toys in the stroller. I guess we looked like rednecks from Alabama-oops I am from Alabama. I guess your daddy had noticed the extra weight I had put on and took it upon himself to be my personal trainer. But anyway, we then went to this really cool park (after we bought a Berkeley blanket) and hung out in the park and waited on mommy to come for a visit. And the minute you saw your mommy your face lit up. I think it is so cool the way that you get excited when you see your mommy after you have been away from her for a while. There's nothing like a mommy, is there?

Then we went out to eat at PF Changs(my favorite place to eat). I got to have "just you and me time" while mommy and daddy ate dinner. I really enjoyed our talks while we walked around outside the restaurant. And then I saw you do something that I don't think I ever seen a nine month old do-actually chew on a piece on cucumber. You loved that cucumber!!! I wished we had gotten a picture of that cucumber sticking in your mouth. It was so funny and cute.

But believe me when we finally left to head home you were one tired puppy. Man, you can really scream when you are tired and fighting going to sleep. Seems to me that I remember your Uncle Wookie fighting going to sleep. WHen he was little Jadda actually had to put her legs over him and hold his eyelids closed for him to go to sleep.

Got to go my little cucumber kid and remember,

pops! loves you

3 comments:

David Henson said...

The other night he wouldn't eat anything, so we stuck a taste of cucumber in his mouth, and that was it. He munched on that for a good 20 minutes!

The Cucumber Kid. It just might stick.

David Henson said...

Have I always had trouble picking out *just one* toy like that. I was seriously getting stressed. All that pressure. Just one toy! It had to be perfect!

pops! said...

And it was perfect. B would spent several minutes unstacking those buckets-one at a time. He wouldn't just turn it upside down but take them out one by one.

pops!