Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pops! is coming to town...

Hey B,



Pops! is coming to town on June 5th. And I can't wait!! Jadda is going on a three week Yoga training and rather than sit at home, I'm going to see my little buddy. I've already cleared it with your mommy and daddy, and they said it was ok. I actually think they're going to let me keep you while they go on a date. You probably don't really want to know what they do on dates- at least not yet. Yuck!!! But I am really excited about spending some time with you. I need to check on your "raspberry" progress. I hear that you are getting quite accomplished at blowing "raspberries".



I've been trying to decide what we can work on next. I'm sure I'll come up with something by the time I get out to your house. From reading your blog I understand that you are getting quite good at the crawling thing and playing hide and seek. I also understand that you are getting quite accomplished at pushing the envelope on doing the "no things". I think I remember telling you that there would come a time that you would think that no was your middle name. I think that time has arrived.



Your daddy was really good at the "no thing" when he was your age. He really responded to his new middle name-he didn't like it at all. So he got very creative in trying to get around the "no" situations, as Jadda says, just ask your Uncle Wookie. Maybe when I get out to your house I'll tell you some of those stories about your daddy. But my little buddy, try not to push the envelope to far. The no's are really for your on good, and boy will you learn to hate that phrase in the future-"for your own good." Maybe we should write a book called, "Parents, they say the darndest things." And knowing your mommy and daddy, we'd be rich. I mean just think about the names they have for you. Like Goobity, Goopy, Goober-nut and Stinky Cheese Butt. Maybe I need you to tell me what they call me besides pops!



See you soon and remember, pops! loves you!!!



pops!

1 comment:

David Henson said...

LOL. You always crack me up. Yeah, between mine and A's mischievousness, I think we'll always be wondering what we didn't catch B doing for all the times we caught him doing something.

We're looking forward to having The Instigator out for a visit. :)