Saturday, April 5, 2008

I saw it in your eyes.

Hey B,



It was really exciting to see you tonight, even though you slept through most of the evening at Cafe Botegga. We were celebrating your mommy's birthday. I really enjoyed talking with your Uncle Brandon and Aunt Emily, they are really cool people. And your mommy got to meet the famous Chef Frank Stitt. I even think you got your picture made with him.



When you woke up and finally got oriented, your mommy let Jadda hold you and I could see it in your eyes...you recognized your Jadda. And then, I began to play with you and we made eye contact and my heart melted. I could see it in your eyes...you recognized me. People probably think I'm crazy but I know you did. I could see it in your eyes. It made your pops! feel soooo good. I saw it in your eyes and then I got your "I like you smile". Thanks my little buddy!!! You definetely made me feel important tonight.



I really won't get to see you a lot over the next couple of years and probably when I see you this summer or in the fall you may not remember pops! right away but tonight I knew we connected. I could see it in your eyes and it was so cool. That moment, that instant and that look will be something that I will treasure forever.



I know I've said it before but it'll always be true...Pops! loves you. I'll see you tomorrow.



I love you,



pops!

No comments: