Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grandparental Needs

Hey B,

What a wonderful day I have had today!!! This afternoon I got a call from your mommy inviting me to meet you, mommy and OMA at Barnes and Noble. Well, pops! was in a management meeting when I got the call, but there was no question in my mind as to what I was going to do. I went back in the meeting and announced that my grandson was in town and I was going to see him. Seeing you made my day. It made my week. And you have changed so much in a few short weeks. I can't believe how much you are walking. Your Oma kept commenting on how confident you were with walking. I'd like to think you were showing off for pops!, so that is what I'm going to tell everyone.

I sure hope you are enjoying your time with Opa and Oma. I saw the pictures of you swimming with mommy and your "same size" cousin. Boy, that really looked like a lot of fun. The pictures of you and your mommy were really great. It really looked like my little buddy was having a great time. I kind of get the feeling that Oma is trying her best to "spoil" you and I think that is great. Grandparents are really good at doing that and we REALLY enjoy doing it. I saw that Oma was buying you some new books. Believe me, you want it - she'll buy it. And that is not being mean, that is helping her fulfill her needs as a grandparent. It works on all grandparents and it is your job to help us fulfill all our grandparental needs. It's you job, and so far you're doing great at it.

I guess that is enough for now. But it was great to see you (and mommy and Oma). And remember....

pops! loves you

No comments: