Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Butterfly Kisses

Hey B,


Wow, what an amazing 3 1/2 days! Pop! came to California to help take care of you while daddy did his thesis stuff. I know it helped daddy and mommy out but pop! was the real winner. I had a blast and I think my little buddy had fun also.


I really enjoyed our conversations. You are a pretty good listener. I enjoyed our talks about little Will and how much you can help daddy and mommy when he gets here. And I'm sure you undestand how much pop! loves you because you heard me tell you so much. And I do love you! I wrote this sitting in the airport (after we finally got to the right one, tell mommy thanks :), and I already miss you. I had to stand outside the airport after you and mommy dropped me off because pop! had to get rid of my tears before I got in line. I can't decide if I cry because I'm going to miss you so much or because I love you so much. Probably both.


As I sit here thinking about what all we did, I can't decide what was the most fun. Spending the first day in Berkley was a lot of fun, even though I spent most of the day pushing you in the stroller. The new stroller is so cool because you can stand up on the back while I push. And boy did I get a work out. I didn't realize how out of shape that I am. Maybe the most fun was our stay under the big trees and letting you stand in the stroller while I pushed you down the big hill. We'd get to the bottom and start back up and you would say "huwwie, huwwie" (hurry). And off we'd go again. Mommy would probably have freaked if she had seen her little boy flying down that hill-so don't tell her.


But maybe the most fun was waking up and hearing you say "pop!" and then seeing my little buddy. I never knew that hearing you say my name could make me smile so big on the inside and the outside.


But probably the most fun was getting my first Eskimo and Butterfly kisses. Butterfly kisses-nothing better.


More later but for now, remember...


pop!'s loves you