Monday, March 24, 2008

Is it over?

Hey B,



Yesterday was Easter and Jadda and I were at church and we were sitting with our friends. Those friends include a really special friend named Gavin. Gavin is a couple of years older than you but when I am around him I think of you often. I have a few of these special friends at church, like Andrew, Gavin and Sam. I guess I've really never grown up-I really enjoy being around the kids. I have a blast!!! And some of the things they say are so funny. Yesterday in church, we did the communion thing different than normal. They had set tables up at the front of the sanctuary and you went up whenever you felt like it. When everyone started getting up to go to the front, Gavin said, "Is it over?" I thought I'd fall out of my chair laughing and I thought of you. Jadda and I talked on the way home that that would be like something you will do when you get older. Gavin is so full of life and I kind of ad fuel to the fire at church, because when church is over he and I always go play "bakitball". I think for both of us that is the highlight of the service-sorry Pastor Garry.



But really playing "bakitball" with Gavin is more important than anything else, in my opinion. For with Gavin, when it is over is really when it all begins. Church really isn't about what happens on Sunday but what happens when it is over.



See you soon. And pops! loves you.



pops!

No comments: