Monday, March 10, 2008

For B

Wow, me blogging!! What has the world come to? Hell, I don't even know what to do when I finish writing this. If it is like everything else I do on the computer, it'll probably end up for days lost in cyberspace. I'll try it anyway.

A few months ago my life changed dramatically when my little buddy made his grand entrance into the world. I can still here my son D saying, "You have a grandson." I had known this moment was coming but when it happened it was so strange. I didn't know I had anymore room in my heart to love like I love B. I really love my wife and two sons and didn't think that there was anymore room in my heart for that kind of love, but how wrong I was. My little buddy has stolen this old fart's heart. I thought that there could be nothing like the experience of fatherhood but how wrong I was. Being pops! is just awesome. I remember the first time we travelled to California to see B and how awesome it was. I remember having to leave after a few days knowing that it would be a few months before I would see him again, and it nearly killed me. I cryed like a baby ( no guilt trip intended D and A). It was really then that I knew that B had stolen my heart.

What does all this mean? I left my heart in San Francisco ( or at least right outside of it).

B, I'll see you soon.

pops!

1 comment:

David Henson said...

B misses his mischievous pops! as well. :) I can see him hatching evil plans to share with you the next time you guys hang out.

I can't wait to be somewhere where B can grow up near his pops!

D